Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hey, remember me?


As usual I've been keeping up to date on this blog. Hey, once a month ain't bad? Okay, we were in Florida for 11 days. It was awesome!!! Hot around 95 degrees daily and sun, sun, sun! My dad said he felt like he was in a frying pan. Love this view from my pool lounger (left).

At least there was a bit of a breeze during the day and the pool was right there. So refreshing. Then we came back to 50 degree weather. Wow, did it ever feel cold! I'm thinking I could become a "snow bird" when the kids are out of University. So what's that? Another 18 -20 years from now?

Here's an anniversary card I made for my husband. I colored the image with copics using the blend/feather technique that Marianne showed us at the certification workshop. If you use two different colors ending in a 1, 2 or 3 and feather towards the center they seem to blend really well. The paper is sassafras lass. Used the nesties for the sentiment. The stamp set is Stampendous "sunny flowers".

Here's the inside. I colored the image with my prismacolor pencils trying to match the outside as best I could. I think it turned out well!

I'm really proud of this card. It's one of my favorites.

No comments: