Monday, November 10, 2008

Offerings from a recent card workshop

These are cards that I offered at my Christmas Card workshop last week. They are all Close to My Heart as I am a consultant. The first card used Snow Friends stamps, cuttlebug snowflakes covered in glitter glue, Aspen paper, the image was colored in with markers (twilight, orange, black, cranberry). I saw the design on the iheart2stamp blog and scraplifted the design to acommodate the CTMH product. Thank you kindly for the inspiration, Jen!
This second card used Deck the Halls paper with O Christmas Tree stamps. I used my cricut to cut the circle/scallops as it had to be done in bulk. The christmas tree is origami folded from three squares of paper. Totally easy peasy (as my kids would say). The star is 'popped'.
The third card used paper from Everlasting Creative Basics, cranberry ribbon. I heat embossed the design on the ornament with gold embossing powder.
The fourth card used Evensong Creative Basics paper and Winter Memories stamps. The sentiment is from Wonderful Season stamps. I cut the oval with a coluzzle.


This fifth card used Evensong paper with the tree stamps from The Beauty of Christmas set and sentiment from Winter Memories set. The snowflake is cut and embossed on the cuttlebug.

This last card was not part of the workshop as my DH insisted that pink and green were not Christmas colors and that I should stick with traditional cards. I kinda like it though and it could probably be used for a birthday card because of the design and colors. Well maybe the snowflakes on the background wouldn't so well work for a birthday unless it's Dec., Jan. or Feb?
After all that, I wanted to do something for me so I created the following card for something other than Christmas. The stamp is totally cute from Whipper Snapper Designs. I colored it using my copics and cuttlebugged the paper behind. For some reason I really had trouble making the scallop edging with my corner rounder. Must be losing my touch!

Anyhow, I'm off to see what my boys are up to. They have the little girls from around the corner over to play so I have in my house two 5 year olds, one 4 year old, and a 2 year old. I can hear they are currently playing house and they go to work to be superheroes (we have a whack of costumes). I keep seeing a batman or a supergirl running past the room here....... TFL!

Susan
P.S. check out the blog candy at http://bevscrafts.blogspot.com/2008/11/whiff-of-joy-blog-candy.html

No comments: