Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I know Christmas is past us already but I just wanted to post the last few cards I had made. The top card is made with a stamp by Penny Black "Poinsettia & Pine". I colored the stamp with marvy uchida markers and spritzed it with a mist of water before stamping. It creates a really pretty watercolor look.

The second card I made for my in-laws using The Cats Pajamas stamp set. I colored with copic markers and matted on DCWV paper. I don't have a scalloped rectangle nestabilities die so I cut two squares and matched them up to make the rectangle.

The third project is two little birdhouse ornaments. I got the pattern off Nichole Heady's blog a few months back. I made them for the boy's teachers to attach to their teacher gifts at Christmas.

To those of you who follow my blog, I have to apologize for being MIA for the last week plus. Last night we had a great new year's eve. We went to a neighbor's house with two other couples and all our kids. We got home at 1:30 a.m. and Erik was still awake. Leo had previously passed out from exhaustion around 12:30 in the middle of the family room floor........ the other kids just ran around him until I moved him to one of the bedrooms.

Today we went to another neighbor's house to go sledding and for a bonfire. He has a tobbagan run off his deck which kept the kids occupied for about three hours. My dh and a couple buddies went trolling the neighborhood for christmas trees people were throwing away so we had some wood for the bonfire. I guess at one house there was an exercise bike and a tree out front and that the owner was excited thinking he was finally getting the bike off his yard, but alas, the guys took the christmas tree. What a letdown!! Here's a couple of pictures of the day! Happy New Year!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

nbalike said...

your blog is very good.and i think your blog is better than mine.
I look forward very much to you visting my blog. my blog is about nike shoes. for example air max, air shox. air jordan and some kinds of Cheap Air Jordan.could you give me some suggestion? i shold thank you very much.