Monday, December 15, 2008

A Couple of Birthday Cards

Hey Peeps! Here are a couple of cards I made for my "peeps" birthdays. I give them these cards but I don't write anything in them so they can use them again. They think I'm weird for doing that, but that's just me.

These cards are a little different from what I do as there is no stamping. The first card is using a CTMH Big Blooms flower in colonial white with chocolate grosgrain ribbon. I don't know what brand the patterned paper is.
The second card is using a whole bunch of misc. flowers from prima with misc brads as the centers. The pink stripe paper is from CTMH "Best Friends Forever" paper pack which is retiring at the end of the year. It is one of my favorites. The vase is stamped in Indian Corn Blue ink and popped on dimensionals.
Well the school drama starts. Last Thursday I took the boys to McD's and they both got a happy meal with a high quality plastic toy - Lego Bionicle robots. Erik took his to school on , wait, let me amend that - Erik took Leo's to school on Friday and got it taken away by the teacher for playing with it at an inappropriate time. I agree with that and E and I talked about it. However, I feel that at the end of the day the teacher should return the toy so the child can bring it home. Well the teacher forgot so I wrote her a note to remind her to send it Monday. Somehow over the weekend it found it's way to some other child and the teacher called me explaining she forgot whose toy it was and mistakenly gave it to another child. I told her she didn't have to replace it after she offered but I'm still a little miffed because I buy my kids stuff, I'd like it back. I think this whole thing has blown way out of proportion and I don't want to be a pain in the butt for the teacher. Any thoughts?

No comments: